Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm having a tough day...


Being a mother of 2 special need children is not easy. I get sad allot and today is one of those days. It all started with a call from my daughter's case manager for her special education. She expressed to me today that Alexa is regressing academically and behavorally. She said that she needed to meet with me and her father. I told her to give me a date and time and if he wanted to show up he would. I told him the date of the conference and I told him I would let him know the time and of course he said cool like he always does. The issue is he conviently forgets and says the day of the meeting that he can't make it and there is not room to rescedule. I'm angry with him at the moment because I'll get blamed like I typically do for Alexa and How I'm not doing right by her. Seems like lately all I do is wake up, clean, get screamed at by him and the children, get dinner, give baths, make sure homework is done, get kids to bed and then I go to bed. That is my day everyday. I don't get a break. I need a break!! I'm so emotionally exhausted. Sometimes I just need to be held and told it would be okay! Thank heaven I have GOD! Sometimes, I just wish I had physical arms to hold me. Now I need to get counseling for alexa and try other attempts at medication. I need to take a detour and get rid of the road that i'm on and try something else!!
xoxoxoxo,
Christi~

3 comments:

Chris said...

aw Christi. big hugs girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can call me girl! or email me or ICQ me whatever! I wish you lived closer!

Pam said...

Big Big Hugs I was in tears readin this My heart breaks.......

Jaci Clark said...

Christi,

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all this! I wish her dad could be more supportive to both of you! Is there a local (or online) support group that you could join? It sounds like that could be a great help to you!

In the mean time...big hugs! Sending you some stress-free vibes!

Cheers!