Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ok The teachers thoughts on Noah!


As a mother I have had a long road with a diagnosis on Noah. I was told 3 years ago with the school system psychologist that there was no way Noah could be Autistic because he'll hug you! LOL how funny are even the professionals. I've always know that he was on the spectrum. There are just certain things a mom just knows in her gut! It's almost intuitive so to speak. I don't want my son to be an autistic child- I prayed for healing for so long. I'm not in denial like most parents when they take their children to child find. My theory is this I don't want him to end up like his dad and never receive help. I want him to be a smart, loving, empathetic and a social husband. I can stop the circle with him and that is what I want! I may not have had that with my marriage but I don't want him to have the same conflicts as a grown man, that his dad has had over the past 9 years. Here is what I was getting at to begin with , before I got all emotional and sappy. Mr Tim Noah's teacher told me that at the beginning of last year he thought he was ADHD. Although, he said this year he is showing the signs of Autism in the classroom. Poor eye contact, self- stimming-He now has barely and fingernails now- that is what he does he picks his nails. He has been seen rocking, illimination is hard for him still at almost 5 because he is just undersensitive. So we may be unable to potty train the poor child and there is no other recourse there if he just doesn't feel when he has to go. I could spend about $4,000 on a expert but they can't make him feel it to go. Not even OT helps with this sort of problem. Oh well somehow as of yesterday I do feel vindicated and pray that this potty thing gets a little better. Right now he is running through the house like a complete lunatic so I guess that is all for right now!! Thank God for the right people that get brought into your life!!
XOXOXOX
Christi~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah...I've got an 'undiagnosed' not-quite-where-he-should-be son myself, 3 1/2. Not on the spectrum, not a genetic malady, but just not quite there. HOping he 'catches up' but just had a talk with the school social worker today, who thinks the school system should evaluate him, too. I pretty much know what they'll say - but will do it anyway. Lik eyou, I don't need him to be anyone he's not...but would like to help him live up to his own unique potential.